If you’re aged 15 to 24 and are struggling to find work after leaving school, a new course funded by the Queensland Government’s Skilling Queenslanders for Work program can assist.
Starting 28th March and running over two weeks (Monday to Thursday from 9am to 3.30pm), the course will be conducted at the BUSY At Work and BUSY Ability office in Southport, on Nind Street.
Former participant of the same course held in 2021, Tatiana Wilden said “Before I came here I had no confidence, I was scared to meet new people. I don’t know what I would have done without the support from the trainers, they helped build my confidence and I am so proud of myself”.
Lachlan Passfield, another participant said “The course has been great and the trainers gave 120% to support us. I’m looking for an apprenticeship in bricklaying and the course prepared me by helping me to manage my communication, sharpened up my resume and gave me some valuable workplace skills”.
It costs nothing to join the course and participants will gain:
- Life coaching
- Job-ready skills training which includes perfecting their resume and improving their interview skills
- Individual mentoring support to hone particular job-search skills needed
- Career pathway development and advice – helping you find the best career pathway for you!
You may be eligible to enrol if you are:
- currently unemployed,
- an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent resident, New Zealander or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work- permits on a pathway to permanent residency,
- a Queensland Resident, and
- aged 15-24 and no longer at school.
You can find out more about the Get Ready for Work course by downloading the information flyer (PDF).
Or find out more about other Skilling Queenslanders for Work programs currently being offered which offer skills and potential career pathways for a range of industries including Electrical work, Barbering, Construction, Hospitality and more.
Former participants in the Get Ready for Work course with the trainers and supporting staff from BUSY Ability.